- 2 cups of Zakwas
- 300 g of white sausage (weisswurst)
- 350 g of smoked bacon
- 200 g of smoked ham
- bay leaf
- all spice
- few peppercorns
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of marjoram
- 6 cups of water
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Place the bacon in a large pot and add 6 cups of water. Add bay leaf, dried mushrooms, all spice and peppercorns. Cook for about 40 minutes.
- Add white sausage and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Take everything out of the stock.
- Cut the sausage and ham, if your bacon is nice then cut it as well.
- Give a stir to the zakwas and add it to the stock. Bring it to boil.
- Add the meat and marjoram. Stir and check for seasoning.
- Cook for 10 more minutes