- 1 kg all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbs of coco powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs molasses
- 200 ml of sour cream
- 250 grams butter 1 cup and 2 tbs
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- honey 400 grams
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- plum butter
- 1/2 cup of Icing sugar
- 1 tbs of Lemon juice
- Heat up your honey with pumpkin spice, molasses and vanilla extract. take off the heat and add butter to melt. Let it cool down.
- Mix flour, coco powder, salt and baking powder together.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks and then slowly add sugar. add egg yolks one by one constantly beating.
- Add the flour mixture to a large mixing bowl and mix in the eggs mixture, honey mixture and sour cream at the end. Mix until all is incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl lined with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to 2 mm thick and cut out your favourite shapes. Put a little bit of plum butter on one and cover with one more. Seal the edges.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and transfer your pierniczki. bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees Celsius for around 10 to 12 minutes.
- Mix icing sugar with lemon juice and hot water until spreading consistency and decorate your pierniczki. Add sprinkles if you like.