- 500 grams of white mushrooms
- Half of a large onion
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbs of bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Chop your onions finely. Process your washed mushrooms in a food processor or chop them very finely.
- Melt the butter in high side skillet and then add the onions. Cook until it gets soft and glossy. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for around 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream and keep cooking for around 30 minutes or until all liquid evaporates.
- When the mushrooms are ready add bread crumbs, stir for 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- Roll out your puff pastry to around 3 mm thick and cut circles in two sizes. Brush the bigger circle with lightly bitten egg and put a ball of your filling in the middle. Cover with a smaller circle and press edges to seal.
- Line your baking sheet with a parchment paper and arrange your paszteciki on it, leaving some space between them. When you done with all your paszteciki, brush the tops with the egg wash and bake in preheated oven to 200 degrees celsius for around 20 – 25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- You can freeze it for later use.