- 2 kg of plums
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Wash and cut into quarters your plums removing the seeds.
- Process in the food processor with the water until the mixture is soft.
- Cook on very low heat for two hours mixing often then turn off the heat, cover and let it stay overnight.
- The next day turn on the heat again, on low and bring it to a boil. Add your sugar and cook for another two hours mixing often. Be careful because the mixture is getting thicker and can splatter and burn you.
- After two hours when the mixture is the right consistency turn off the heat and transfer immediately in to sanitized jars. Close the lids, cover tightly in the tea towel and put it up side don to cool down.
- Store in the fridge for up to three weeks.
- If you would like to keep it for longer, place a tea towel on the bottom of a large pot, put your jars inside leaving space between them (they should not touch one other). Fill the pot with hot water to 3/4 height of your jars (you don’t want them to float). On low heat bring to boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Turn of the heat, with heat protection on your hands remove the jars from the pot and tighten the lids. Wrap in a tea towels and placing upside down let it cool completely.