- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of instant yeast
- 3 medium apples
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbs of icing sugar
- Warm up your milk in a microwave or on the stove to lukewarm.
- In a small mixing bowl combine milk, yeast, tablespoon of sugar and 4 tbs of flour. Mix well together and set aside to rise for about 20 minutes.
- Separate one of the eggs and put the egg white aside for an egg wash later on.
- Into your stand mixer add two eggs and egg yolk, add sugar and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and beat got few more seconds.
- Add the flour, salt, melted butter and yeast starter to your egg mixture and work it with your paddle attachment until smooth (few minutes).
- Cover with a tea towel and let it rise for about 2 hours.
- Spray your round cake pan with a non stick spray and line with a parchment paper. Transfer your dough in to the pan. Oil you fingers because the dough is sticky and with your fingers try to spread it evenly. Cover with a tea towel and let it rise until you have apples ready.
- Peal your apples and remove the core. Cut in half and then in half a cm slices.
- Arrange apple slices nicely on top of your dough pressing them firmly into the dough.
- Add a tsp of water to your reserved egg white and mix. With a pastry brush cover your cake with an egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees C for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sifted icing sugar and you can serve with ice cream.