- 1 kg of apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1 tbs of corn starch
- Peal and core the apples. Cut into chunks and place in your crock pot.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, lemon juice and hot water and pour over the apples. Give it a stir and set on low for 8 hours.
- After 4 hours take the lid off, give the apples a stir and let it cook uncovered for the remaining time.
- In the last half an hour add the corn starch and stir. Let it cook until all the liquid is gone.
- Transfer hot apples into sterile jars (best are still hot from the dishwasher) and place on the towel upside down to cool down completely, I leave mine over night.
- You are ready for some apple dessert!
I hope you enjoy!
Please follow and like us: