- 1 cup of rice
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 5 large apples
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Heavy cream for serving
- Bring your milk almost to boil. Add salt and rice and mix. Boil it until all the liquid is absorbed. Let it cool a little bit.
- Peal off your apples and then thinly grate them.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add apples with cinnamon, cloves and sauté 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Separate your eggs. Beat the egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until thick and creamy.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff picks.
- First add the egg yolks and then whites into your rice and fold in gently.
- Grease the oven proof pan.
- Fill the dish with a half of rice mixture then make one layer of grated apples.
- Cover with the remaining rice.
- Bake the rice pudding in the preheated oven to 180 c around 45 minutes. If you see that the top is getting too brown cover with aluminum foil.
- Serve with heavy cream, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.