- 1 head of red cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 apples
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the cabbage in smaller pieces and shred it.
- In a large pot bring a water to a boil. Add cabbage and boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add vinegar and stir. The cabbage will change colour. Boil the cabbage for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and cool down.
- Peal the apples and chop into small cubes. Add to the cabbage.
- Chop the onion finely and add to the cabbage.
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, honey and salt. Add to the salad and stir well. Check for seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed and serve.