- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 -2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Add flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt to the food processor. Pulse to combine. Add cold butter, cut in pieces and process until butter resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, cream, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and process only until it all comes together.
- Working on a lightly floured surface pat the dough into a round shape, about 1 inches thick; cut into 8 equal wedges.
- Place scones onto prepared baking sheet lined with a parchment paper and bake in preheated oven to 200 C/400F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make the glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, pumpkin spice and cream. Whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add more cream as needed; set aside.
- Cool the scones on the wire rack and then brush with the glaze.
- Allow glazes to set before serving.
I hope you enjoy!
Please follow and like us: