For a bread dough:
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tsp of instant dry yeast
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 tbs of honey
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs of melted butter
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- Raisins or nuts for decoration
- Add flour, salt and nutmeg into the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir to combine.
- Add water, pumpkin purée, honey and yeast and knead it for 5 minutes on medium high setting. You should get smooth and elastic ball of dough.
- Take it out and knead few times forming ball.
- Oil the bowl and put back the dough. Oil the dough as well to prevent drying out. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it rise for around two hours.
- When the dough risen transfer it on a lightly floured or oiled surface and using your hands or a rolling pin flatten to about half an inch thick.
- Using round cookie cutter cut circles and form balls of dough.
- You can freeze your rolls at this point if you don’t want to bake them right away.
- Flatten the ball and using scissors cut lines in the edges.
- Arrange the rolls on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper, cover with plastic wrap and let them rise for 30 min or until desired shape (closest to pumpkin shape).
- Mince the garlic cloves and add to the melted butter together with parsley. Mix well.
- Brush the tops of the buns with prepared garlic butter, insert the raisin in the middle and bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 F) for about 25 minutes, until golden, orange, brown colored. If you tap on top of the bred roll and the sound is hollow, they are ready.
- Cool on the wire rack!