- 500 g of sauerkraut
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 3 small carrots
- 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the sauerkraut and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the onion finely and add to the sour kraut.
- Peel off the carrots and grate on the medium grid of the box grater. Add to the mixing bow as well.
- Last wash and peel off the apple and grate it as well. Mix immediately to avoid browning.
- Add oil and sugar and mix until all is well combined. Check for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as needed. You may not need any salt because the sour kraut might be salty enough.
- Let it stand for 20 minutes before serving for the flavors to combine.