- 600 g of bone-in, skin-on chicken legs or thighs
- 3 litters of cold water
- 1 yellow onion (with skin)
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 celery root
- 2 small leeks
- bunch of fresh parsley
- 3 bay leafs
- some peppercorns
- all spice
- 500 g egg noodles
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley
- Wash the meat and transfer into a large pot. Add cold water and cook for around half an hour. With a slooted spoon remove any dirty foam forming on the surface of the water.
- Clean and peel the skin off from the vegetables, except the onion! Cut the vegetables into smaller pieces.
- After all the foam was removed from the water add all the vegetables including the onion with skin and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add salt and bunch of parsley and cook for additional 30 minutes.
- Line a strainer with a cheesecloth and strain the soup.
- Keep the carrots separately because we are going to add them to the soup while serving.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instruction.
- In a serving bowl add some noodles, carrots cut in to coin size and cover with the rosol.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with some fresh parsley.
Please follow and like us: