For the stuffing:
- Cooked chicken and onion from Rosol (around 500 g)
- Half an onion
- Oil for frying
For the dough:
- 3/4 cup of lukewarm milk
- 2 eggs + 1 for egg wash
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 tsp of instant yeast
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbs of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- Remove the meat from the bones and add it together with the cooked onion (remove the skin) into the food processor. Process it for couple of minutes or until you get paste like consistency. Transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Chop the onion finely and fry on couple tbs of oil until soft and translucent.
- Add fried onion to the meat and season with salt and pepper. Mix until all is well combined. Cover wit a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer add milk, oil, 2 eggs, salt sugar and yeast. With a whisk attachment mix until all is well combined. Add flour and change whisk to dough hook attachment.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, around 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and form a ball.
- Spray a bowl and the dough with a non stick spray. Cover and let it rise until doubled in size.
- Transfer the dough onto lightly flowered surface and roll until 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Cut rounds with a cookie cutter or a glass. Spoon half a tbs of stuffing in the middle. Wrap it and pinch the edge. Place on a silicone mat or a parchment paper sprayed with a nonstick spray.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 C/350 F for 20 minutes. Cool on the cooling rack and serve!
- I got around 30 pierogi out of this recipe!