- 6 eggs
- 6 tbs of sugar
- 3 tbs of flour
- 3 tbs of corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- 500 ml of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 pack of strawberry jello powder (4 servings)
- 1 cup of hot water
- 300g of fresh strawberries
- Separate the egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until light and thick. Add flour and cornstarch and mixed until combined. Add egg whites in two additions gently folding in.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the batter on it. Spread evenly and tap few times to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180C/350F for 20 min.
- 2 min after removing from the oven, transfer the cake on a clean cloth – dusted with icing sugar, remove parchment paper and roll it. Let it rolled until it cools down completely.
- Add jello powder to 1 cup of hot water and stir until fully dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- When the cake is cooled and the jello cool but still liquid, beat the heavy cream until it starts to thicken. Slowly add jello constantly beating.
- Check if you need more sugar and if yes add some icing sugar to taste. Mix it in.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the leaves and cut in pieces. Pat dry wit a paper towel.
- Add strawberries to the cream and mix until well incorporated.
- Unroll your cake, fill with cream and roll back again. Roll it in a aluminum foil to keep the shape and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours.
- Dust with icing sugar just before serving, cut and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: