- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of icing sugar
- whipping cream fix
- Icing sugar for dusting
The recipe will make around 26 cream puffs
- Bring the water, butter and salt to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Stir in the flour all at once and continue stirring until the flour is completely incorporated.
- Keep stirring over medium-high heat for couple of minutes.
- When the batter is smooth and glossy, it is ready.
- Transfer the dough to the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to stir the dough for around 2 minutes to help it cool.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and add the eggs, one at the time.
- Mix until the dough becomes smooth and glossy again.
- Transfer the dough to a large pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch star tip.
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment and pipe round shapes leaving space for them to puff up.
- Bake in preheated oven to 200 C/400 F for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the door a bit to let them dry out a little more.
- Whip your whipping cream with sugar, fix and vanilla extract until stiff peaks.
- Cut the puffs in half and fill the bottom part with whipped cream, cover with the top part and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: