- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 4 slices bread sliced 1/2-inch thick, preferably day-old
- butter or oil for frying
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, maple syrup and salt in shallow dish.
- Cut thick slices of bread and cut into finger size.
- Soak slices of bread in a single layer for 40 seconds on each side or until soaked through.
- Heat up couple of tbs of oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the bread slices until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer on a paper towel.
- Serve warm dusted with icing sugar, if desired.
Please follow and like us: