- 6 large potatoes
- 1/2 of large onion
- 250 g of smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of butter
- salt and pepper
- Peal off the potatoes. Cut in smaller pieces and cook in a large pot full of slated water until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and mush them.
- Add butter and wait a bit for it to melt.
- Add cream and mix until smooth.
- Cut the bacon in small pieces and fry until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Chop the onion finely and fry on the leftover fat from the bacon until soft and translucent.
- Add onion and bacon to the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Butter bundt cake pan and dust with bread crumbs. Transfer your potatoes to the pan and bake in preheated to 180 degrees C oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it stand for about 15 minutes and then gently transfer to the serving plate.
Can be served as is or as a side dish for roast or cutlets.