- 400 g of salmon
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbs of chopped fresh baby dill
- 2 tbs of lemon
- 200 g of cooked rice
- half of a large onion
- 450 g of puff pastry
- salt and pepper
- egg for an egg wash
- Chop the onion finely and fry on couple of tbs of oil until tender.
- Add cooked rice, baby dill and lemon juice. Give it a good stir and take off the heat.
- Chop the eggs finely and set aside.
- Cut the salmon in bite size pieces.
- On the lightly floured surface roll out half of your puff pastry a bit, you want it around 2 mm thick. Line your pie dish with the puff pastry and transfer the rice.
- Even it out, season with salt and pepper and then arrange the salmon. Season with salt and pepper and lastly put the egg layer and season as well.
- Brush the edges with egg wash to seal the pie.
- Roll out the second half of the pasty and cover the pie, cut some holes or prick with a fork before baking.
- Brush the top with an egg wash and bake in preheated oven to 200 degrees celsius (400F) for 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if browning too much.
- Let it cool down a bit and serve.