- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of half and half 10% cream
- Add sweetened condensed milk to a heavy bottomed saucepan and boil on medium low heat until it thickens and turn light brown color (around 20 minutes for me). You need to stir constantly to prevent from burning.
- After you get the right color take the saucepan off the heat and stir in 1 cup of hot cream ( I usually pop mine for 45 sec in a microwave).
- Bring back to the stove and cook on low until you get smooth mixture.
- Store in a air tight container in the fridge.
- Our masa krowkowa will thicken while cooling down.
- Use to add flavour to cake frosting, cheesecake or layer it between cookies or wafers.