- 230 g, 1 cup of butter, 2 sticks – room temperature
- 250 g of cream cheese – room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 /2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup of poppy filling
- 1/3 cup of plum butter
- icing sugar for rolling and serving
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Gradually add in the flour, sifting, beat until a soft dough forms.
- Separate dough into 4 balls and wrap each in saran wrap. Refrigerate for 24 hrs.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough on a surface lightly dusted with powdered sugar until about 1/4-inch thick. Work in small batches, keeping the rest of dough in the fridge. If the dough gets too sticky as you are working with it, place it back in the fridge.
- Cut the dough into more or less 6 cm or two-inch squares.
- Place about a teaspoon of the plum butter or poppy seed filling in the center of each dough square. Bring two opposite corners of the dough together over the filling to form a roll. Pinch the corners together. You can also place a tsp of filling on a corner of a square and roll it up like a crescent roll.
- Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Dust with powdered sugar while warm.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.