For the Cake
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of corn starch
- 4 tbs coco powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the Syrup
- 1 shot of cherry liquor (optional)
- 2 cups of hot water
- 4 tbs of coco powder
- 2 tbs icing sugar
For the Cream
- 1 liter whipping cream
- 4 tbs icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 and 1/2 tbs of gelatine
- 1/4 cup of water
For the Chocolate glaze
- 400 g chocolate chips 2 cups
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- Sift your flour, corn starch, baking powder and coco powder together. Whisk it until all is well incorporated.
- Separate the eggs. Beat egg whites with salt until stiff picks and the set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy and then slowly constantly mixing add the flour mixture. Gently fold in beaten egg whites in few steps.
- Spray your 9×11 baking pan with a non stick spray and line with parchment paper. Transfer the batter and bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Get the syrup ready by dissolving coco and sugar in hot water and then adding liquor.
- With a sharp, long knife cut the cake in half.
- Add gelatine to warm water and mix until dissolved completely. Set aside to cool a little bit.
- Beat the whipping cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks and then add cool gelatine. Beat until stiff peaks.
- Line your clean baking pan with parchment paper and put first layer of a cake in it. The side which was cut should be on the top. Using half of your syrup moisten the cake.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly and cover with the second layer. Moisten it with the remaining syrup and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate with butter and heavy (whipping) cream in a microwave (30 sec at time). Mix until all is nice and smooth.
- Glaze the cake and leave in the fridge to set for few hours.
- Cut in squares and decorate with dollop of whipped cream and a cherry.
Please follow and like us: