- 500g ricotta cheese
- 500g all purpose flour 5 cups
- 1/2 cup, 100g sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 łyżeczka octu
- 1 cup, 250ml sour cream
- oil for frying
- Icing sugar
- Process your cheese in a food processor for about 1 min.
- Add sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, sour cream and vinegar and process another 30 seconds.
- Whisk your flour with a baking powder and add to your food processor. Process until you get a ball of dough.
- Transfer onto lightly floured surface and roll to about 1 and a 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut circles with a glass and then cut a smaller one inside with a shot glass. The little insides you can roll out again or just fry doughnut wholes.
- Fry in a deep frying pan, in hot oil (about 1 and a 1/2 inch deep) for couple min on each side. Drain on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with a icing sugar when still warm but not hot anymore. Oponki are best served fresh.