- 6 pickled cucumbers
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 of celery root
- 1 leek
- 1 parsley root
- 1 large carrot
- 3 chicken tights/legs (bone in)
- 2 tbs of butter
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- bay leaf, salt and pepper
- 6 cups of water
- baby dill for serving
- Pour the water into your soup pot, put in washed chicken meat and set on the stove on medium heat. Bring to boil, clean the foam from the surface and let it simmer.
- Wash your vegetables, cut into halves and add to your simmering chicken. Add bay leaf, cover and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- Peel off pickled cucumbers and grate them.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add your grated cucumbers. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the cucumbers get softer.
- After 30 minutes strain the chicken broth and save the chicken and carrot. Bring the broth back to a boil.
- Peel off potatoes and cut them in to cubes and add them to the simmering broth.
- Peel off your boiled carrot and cut in to cubes as well, add to broth.
- Remove skin from the chicken, remove bones and cut roughly. when the potatoes are almost ready add the chicken and cucumber to your soup and boil for another 5 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are fully cooked take the soup out of the heat. Add heavy cream and finely chopped baby dill.