- 1 kg of pork meat (pork hock and pork feet) cleaned
- 1 yellow onion (with skin)
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 celery root
- 2 small leeks
- 3 bay leafs
- some all spice
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Rinse the pigs feet and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large pot or slow cooker, place pigs feet and just enough water to barely cover them. Add peeled vegetables, bay leaf, peppercorns, allspice and salt. Bring to a boil, skimming off any foam.
- Simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until feet meat is falling off the bones.
- Remove the meat from the water, remove bones and cut into small pieces.
- Strain broth through gauze or a strainer.
- Add thinly sliced garlic, meat and broth into molds, small bowls or ramekins. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, unmold onto a serving platter or individual plates.
I hope you enjoy!
Please follow and like us: