- 1 kg pizza dough
- 650 g mushrooms
- 200 g of onion
- 50 ml of corn/sunflower oil
- 30 g of butter
- 250 g of shredded cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbs of melted butter
- 1 tbs of dried onion
- Chop the onions finely. Process washed mushrooms in a food processor or chop them very finely.
- Heat up oil in a high side skillet and then add the onions. Cook until it gets soft and glossy. Add the mushrooms and season with salt.
- Stir and cook for around 30 minutes or until all liquid evaporates.
- Add butter and check for seasoning, stir and cook for additional 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- Roll the pizza dough into around 10 by 8 inch rectangle.
- Spread the mushroom filling evenly over the rolled out dough. Sprinkle the cheese and grate some parmesan on top.
- Roll the dough to form a log and slice it into eight equal-sized pieces.
- Spray 9 in spring baking pan with a non stick spray and line with a parchment paper.
- Arrange rolls leaving space around to rise. Cover with a tea towel and let them rise until they fill in the pan.
- When ready to bake. Lightly brush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with dried onion.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) for around 50 min, cover with aluminium foil while baking if the rolls brown too fast.
- You can serve them warm or cold and you can refrigerate or freeze them.
I hope you enjoy!
Please follow and like us: