- 1 cup butter soft
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tbs of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of finely ground cornmeal
- Cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at the time and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla and mix it in.
- Add cornmeal, flour and salt to one bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Form a ball of dough, flatten, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for min of an hour.
- Roll out the dough to around 1/4 of an inch, 6mm thick. Cut out cookies using a cookie cutter (2 in or 5 cm in diameter).
- Arrange the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven preheated to 180 C/350F for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.