- 1 cup of milk 250 ml
- 1 tsp of instant dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of butter 60 g – melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of flour 450 g
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium pears
- egg yolk
- 2 tbs of honey plus more for brushing
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the melted butter and start kneading.
- After around 30 second slowly add melted butter and knead for about 5 minutes, you should get smooth dough.
- Form a ball and place in an oiled bowl. Oil the surface, cover and let it rise until doubled in size.
- Peel the pears and cut into quarters, remove the seeds.
- Transfer dough onto lightly floured or oiled surface and roll to about 1/2 an inch thick.
- With a pizza cutter cut rectangles to fit the pear pieces arranged diagonally. Close the corners and transfer onto a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper.
- Mix the egg yolk with the honey and brush the rolls and then sprinkle them with cinammon.
- Cover and let them rise for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180c/350f for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. If they brown too quickly you need to cover them with aluminium foil.
- Brush them with more hone just after you take them out of the oven.
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
Please follow and like us: