- 1 and 1/3 cup of warm water 330 ml
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of instant dry yeast
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 3 cups of flour 450 g
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of soft butter
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs of parsley
- Salt to taste
- In the bowl of you stand mixer combine lukewarm water, sugar, and yeast. Give it a stir and set aside.
- Add salt to the flour and give it a whisk to combine.
- Add flour to water and yeast mixture and using dough hook attachment let the mixer work on medium for 5 minutes. You should get smooth and elastic ball of dough after that.
- Remove the dough from the bowl. Knead few times and form a ball. Place back in a bowl sprayed with a non stick spray, spray the dough as well to prevent drying out. Cover and let it rise until doubled in size (1.5 – 2h).
- Add garlic, butter, salt and parsley to small food processor and process until all is smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- Spray loaf baking pan with a non stick spray.
- Roll out the dough into rectangle about half a cm thick (1/4 in).
- Once the dough is rolled out, spread the garlic butter evenly.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 6 long strips. Stack them on top of each other and then cut into 8 even pieces.
- Hold the pan up on its end and stack the dough squares carefully in the pan. Arrange to fill the form evenly.
- Brush the top with melted butter, cover and let it rise until it fills in the form.
- Bake in 180/350 for 35 min. Cover with aluminium foil if it is browning too fast.
- Let it cool down a bit before removing from the pan. Serve still warm.