- 200 ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of melted butter (55 g)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 cups of flour (450 g)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of dry instant yeast
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of raisins
- Warm up the milk in a microwave for 30 seconds. Add yeast and set aside.
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer add flour and salt and give it a stir.
- Slightly whisk the eggs and add to the flour together with honey, melted butter, vanilla and milk with yeast.
- Knead with a hook attachment for about 5 min or until smooth and then add raisins. Knead for another minute. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 3 equal pieces and roll them into long log shapes. Join the ends of three logs and braid them. Arrange in well buttered round 9in pan. Cover and let it rise again until it fills in the baking pan.
- Brush the top with a egg wash and bake in preheated oven to 180 C/350 F for about 40 min or until golden brown and if you tap it it gives hollow sound. If it is browning to fast cover with a aluminium foil.
- I hope you enjoy!
Please follow and like us: