- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of golden sugar
- 1/2 cup of soft butter
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- Few tbs of lemon juice
- Candied lemon or orange peel
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
- Add eggs and sugar to the bowl and mix with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, lemon peal and very soft butter and mix until all is combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until all is incorporated.
- Butter the babka baking mould and dust with some flour. Transfer the batter to prepared form and bake in preheated oven to 180 C/350 F for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool on the cooling rack before glazing.
- Add a tsp of lemon juice at the time to the icing sugar until you get to the right consistency to glaze the cake. Decorate with candied lemon or orange peal.
Please follow and like us: