- around 1 pound thin-cut round steaks or sirloin tip steaks
- half of a large onion
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup (around 50 g) of all purpose flour
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup of water
- Chop the onion. Add few tbs of oil to a pan and heat it up. Add onion, season with salt and sprinkle with sugar. Give it a good stir and fry on medium high heat until golden brown and soft.
- Transfer the onion to a saucepan and set aside.
- If your meat is in one piece, wash it and slice it in thin slices. Sprinkle each slice with salt and coat with flour.
- Add a tbs of oil to a pan and let it heat up. Fry the meat on medium high heat for a minute on each side.
- Transfer to a saucepan with onion, add water, give it a stir and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and some green salad!