- 2 and a 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup of cold butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- vanilla cream (around 2 cups)
- strawberry kissel (around 2 cups)
- around 300 g of fresh strawberries
- Add flour and baking powder to the food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add cold butter cut into small pieces and process until you get small crumbles.
- Add egg yolks and cream and process for about a minute until you get big crumbles this time.
- Transfer onto the working space and knead it until you get a smooth dough. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours take the dough out of the fridge and let it sit for around 15 min to warm up a bit then roll it out to fit your tart pan.
- Fit the dough in a tart pan, poke with a fork to prevent bubbles and bake in preheated oven to 200C/400F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the crust cool before filling.
- Wash the strawberries and remove the leaves. Cut them in quarters or slices.
- Transfer vanilla pudding into cooled crust and spread evenly then arrange the strawberries on top and cover with strawberry kissel.
- Decorate with more fresh strawberries.
- Let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Please follow and like us: