- Horseradish root (around 400g)
- 3 tbs of lemon juice
- 3 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 – 6 tbs of hot water
- Start with peeling off the horseradish root and then cut it in smaller pieces.
- Soak in cold water for an hour to prevent crying while grating (helps a little bit).
- Process in a food processor until creamy.
- Add sugar, salt, lemon juice and hot water (add enough water to get thick paste consistency). Mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer into a jar and store in the refrigerator. It will stay ok for up to two weeks for sure but if you want to keep it for longer you need to boil the jars in water for 10 minutes. Then, place them upside-down on a clean towel and drape another towel over them until you are ready to use them. Place a rack or other spacer on the bottom of the large pot so that the jars do not rest directly on the bottom of the pot. Add enough hot water to cover jars by 3/4. Cover the pot and bring the water to a gentle boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
Please follow and like us: