- 1 and 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ginger
- 300g of spinach
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 300 g of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Cut the butter in smaller pieces and put into the fridge for around 15 minutes.
- Transfer flour, salt, nutmeg and ginger into the food processor and pulse until all is well combined.
- Add cold butter and process until the mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- Add eggs and process until you get a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough on the working surface and knead few times. Form a ball and wrap in a plastic wrap. Place in a fridge for about an hour.
- Chop the onion and garlic finely.
- Pour the olive oil in to the skillet and add the garlic. Stir and wait until its heating up before adding the onion. Cook the onion for couple of minutes until it gets soft.
- Add spinach and stir. Season with salt and pepper and let it cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir until all is well combined.
- Lightly flour the working surface and roll your dough out to fit the tart/pie dish. Prick it with a fork and bake in preheated oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 F) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Don’t turn off your oven when you remove the baked crust. Just fill it in with your spinach mixture and pop it back to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Let it stand for 15 before removing from the baking pan.