- 300 g lima beans
- 200 g smoked bacon
- 200 g smoked sausage
- 1 onion
- 1 cup tomato purée
- salt and pepper
- Soak your beans the evening before.
- The next day peal off the skin from the beans.
- Rinse the beans and cover with water in a large pot. Add 1/2 tsp of salt, mix and cook on medium heat for around 50 minutes or until the beans are geting soft.
- Chop the onion finely. Cut the sausage in the half moon shapes and cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Crisp the bacon on the frying pan and then add onion. Fry until getting soft and then add sausage. Fry couple more minutes.
- Add meat and onion to almost cooked beans and give it a stir.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and then add tomato puree.
- Cook for another 20 minutes and then check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve with fresh, chopped parsley.