- 4 medium carrots
- 1 medium parsley
- 1/2 of a medium celery root
- 1 leek
- 8 cups of water
- 2 medium potatoes
- baby dill
- 200 grams of smoked bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- around 6 tbs of flour
- Wash your vegetables. Peel them off and cut into smaller pieces (except the potatoes – cut them into small cubes and keep in cold water).
- Into the medium sized pot add water and all the vegetables except the potatoes and boil for around 40 minutes. Remove the vegetables from your stock and reserve the carrots to add back to the soup later.
- Add your potatoes and boil for another 10 minutes and then add back cut into small pieces carrots.
- Crack your egg into small bowl and gradually add flower mixing constantly until you get a small ball of dough. Using your fingers form small noodles. Roll them in flour so they will not stick together!
- Chop your bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- When the potatoes are almost ready add your noodles and boil for another 7 minutes.
- Serve with crisped bacon and chopped fresh baby dill.