- 3 tsp dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 cups flour 600 grams ( might need a bit more)
- 3/4 cup sugar 185 grams
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes combine it with the remaining ingredients in the mixer bowl. Mix well with a dough hook to obtain a smooth dough. May take more than 5 minutes.
- If after 5 min your dough is not even close to elastic and smooth sprinkle some more flour, 1/2 tbs at a time and give it a minute to see if its getting right. Cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Topping: Mix cold ingredients in a food processor pulsing until they form crumbs or cut with your pastry blender.
- Grease 2 loaf pans. Divide dough into 2 parts. Work with one section at time.
- Roll the dough to double the length of the pan. Smear your plum butter over the dough. Roll it and pinch the ends closed. Fold the roll in half and twist 3 times.
- Transfer to loaf pan. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle the topping over the entire roll. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.