- 2 and 1/4 cup of pastry flour (350 grams)
- 3/4 cup of honey (250 grams)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 tbs of molasses
- 4 tbs of icing sugar
- 2 tbs of coco powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 150 grams of dried pitted prunes
- 100 grams of chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips (150 grams)
- 1 tbs of light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- sprinkles for decoration
- Chop your dried prunes into small pieces and coat them with 1 tbs of flour.
- Into your mixing bowl add your flour, coco powder, baking powder, pumpkin spice (if you don’t have pumpkin spice add 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp of ground all spice and 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg).
- Mix it all with your wire whisk.
- Add your softened butter to your stand mixer. Mix until it is nice and fluffy and then add your icing sugar, mix for about 30 seconds on medium low and then add your honey. Mix for about a minute on medium low and then add your molasses. Mix for another 15 seconds and start adding your eggs one at the time.
- Add your flour and mix just until all is well incorporated then add your prunes and almonds and and give it a final stir.
- Spray your baking pan with a non stick spray and flour it. Transfer your batter and bake in preheated oven to 160 degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let it stand for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and then let it cool completely before decorating with chocolate glaze.
- Add your chocolate chips corn syrup and heavy cream into microwavable bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Mix until your glaze is nice and shiny. spread over your cake and decorate with sprinkles. Let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Best serve it the next day. Take it out of the fridge at least an hour before serving.