- 600 grams of white fish
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 3 large carrots
- 1 small celery root
- 1 large parsley root
- 1 large onion
- 3 tbs of tomato paste
- bay leaf
- all spice
- salt and pepper
- lemon for decoration
- Peel off all your vegetables.
- Chop your onion.
- Cut your fish fillets into smaller pieces, season with salt and coat with flour. Fry on a little bit of oil couple of minutes on each side, until done and nice golden colour. Set aside.
- Grate your vegetables on a large openings grater or in your food processor.
- Add two tbs of oil in your high sides frying pan and fry your onion until soft and glossy. Add your vegetables and stir.
- Add around a cup of water, bay leaf and all spice to your vegetables. Season with salt, pepper and give it a stir. Cook on medium heat for around 15 minutes then add your tomato paste, stir and cook for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and soft. Mix from time to time while cooking and add water if you have to.
- Prepare slices of lemon for decorating.
- In your serving dish layer first the vegetables then the fish and then cover with the vegetables. Decorate with lemon.
- Serve warm or cold.