- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 mug of strawberry tea
- seedless strawberry purée
- 1 package of whipped cream fix
- 1 litre heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of icing sugar
- For decorating:
- fresh strawberries
- shredded coconut
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Beat the egg whites until soft picks and then start adding your sugar, spoon by spoon.
- When all the sugar is well incorporated add egg yolks, sift in flour with corn starch and baking powder. Add vanilla extract and mix only until all is well mixed.
- Spray your round baking pan with non stick spray and transfer the batter gently.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting. Beat your heavy cream with icing sugar and the fix until stiff picks.
- Cut into three layers. Spoon the first layer with your strawberry tea then spread the purée and then whipped cream. Repeat the process with a next layer and for the top skip the purée step.
- Cover the whole cake evenly with whipping cream.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries, shredded coconut and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate over night.