- 3 cups of water 750 ml
- 1 and 1/2 cup of white vinegar 375 ml
- Few cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 and 1/2 cup of sugar 300 g
- Pumpkin up to 5 pounds
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Using melon baller cut out as many balls as you can.
- In a pot add water, vinegar, sugar, cloves and cinnamon. Cook on a medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to boil and then add the pumpkin balls. Cook until pumpkin starts getting translucent, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Have your jars fresh from the dishwasher or rinse them with a boiling water.
- Using slotted spoon fish out the pumpkin and transfer to prepared jars. Cover with the hot syrup left after pumpkin. Clean the edge of the jar with a paper towel and close the jars with lids tightly.
- Arrange the jars up side down on a tea towel and let it like this until completely cooled.
- Serve the pumpkin with roast meats or sandwiches.