- 1 cup of lukewarm milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of yeast
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 1/4 of a cup (60 g) butter soft
- Plum butter
- 1/4 cup of cold butter
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Leave for about an hour to rise.
- In the mean time prepare the crumb topping. Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Using fork or pastry blender mix until you get very small crumbs. Refrigerate.
- Grease and dust with flour mini muffin tin.
- Divide the dough in two. Roll the first part of the dough out into rectangle very long and about 1/2 cm thick. Spread the plum butter on top. Roll the dough into a long snake shape. Cut pieces about 2.5 cm/1 in wide. Place each mini roll in a prepared muffin tin.
- Spray with a nonstick spray and cover. Repeat the same process with remaining part of the dough.
- Let it rise until the rolls fill in the space in a tin.
- Brush with an egg wash, sprinkle with a crumb topping and bake in preheated oven to 180C/350F for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- After few minutes out of the oven transfer Babeczki onto cooling wrack to prevent the bottoms from getting soggy.