- 5 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate
- 1 litre of vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 130degrees C. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Draw two circles on the parchment paper (dessert plate size).
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually, while continuing to whip. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Mix in the cornstarch and lightly fold into meringue with lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Spread a layer of meringue to fit circles on parchment, approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 1 hour. After 30 min cover with aluminum foil to stop from browning. Turn off the oven, but leave meringue in oven until it cools down completely.
- Place one of the meringue circle and spread the ice cream evenly on top. Cover with the second circle and gently press.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the whipped cream and fruits or chocolate.
- Place in a freezer for at least two hours before serving.
Please follow and like us: