- 6 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Combine the milk and sour cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. The milk will begin separating into curds.
- Add the salt and continue stirring for 30 seconds longer. When the curds are separated, turn off the heat.
- Cover the pot and let it set for two hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, gently transfer the curds from the pan to a large colander lined with cheesecloth.
- Bring up the edges of the cheesecloth and fasten or tie them together. Set the colander over a bowl and let the whey drain off for 30 minutes.
- You can adjust this time to get the cheese to your desired consistency. Drain longer for a firmer cheese and less for a looser cheese.
- Transfer to a clean container and use immediately or place in the refrigerator.
- It will stay good in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Please follow and like us: