- 1 kg of potatoes around 6 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbs of corn starch
- Peel and boil the potatoes in salted water until they are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
- Boil water with one tsp of salt in a large pot
- Process the potatoes in your food processor until smooth.
- Add about 1 1/2 cup of flour, corn starch, eggs and salt.
- Process until the ingredients are combined around 30 seconds.
- Add more flour, as needed, until the mixture becomes a soft dough consistency.
- Flour your working surface, transfer the dough to the surface, and knead the dough until it is smooth and pliable.
- Cut a small chunk of the dough and using your hands roll it out into a “snake” that is about 1 inch thick.
- Cut the rolled out dough on a diagonal into approximately 1/2 inch pieces.
- Transfer your kopytka into the boiling water. Do not overcrowd the pot.
- Allow the pieces to float to the surface and boil for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the kopytka from the water using a slotted spoon.
- Repeat until all are cooked.
- Serve with meat sauce, stew or with mushroom gravy.