- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 of a large onion
- 2 tbs of oil for frying
- 1/2 tbs of flour
- 1/4 of a cup of heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Clean your mushrooms and cut in medium size pieces.
- Chop your onion very finely.
- In a large pot bring water to boil and add your mushrooms for couple of minutes and then drain.
- Add oil into your high sides frying pan and heat it up.
- Add chopped onion and fry for couple of minutes or until soft and golden.
- When the onion is ready add your mushrooms. Stir it and then add couple tbs of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes checking from time to time if you need to add more water.
- After the half an hour add your heavy cream and sprinkle with flour. Cook for another 5 minutes constantly mixing.
- When the sauce thickened check for seasoning.
- You can serve it with boiled potatoes or pasta.
Please follow and like us: