- 1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the water, working the liquid into the dough until a ball forms.
- Wrap in plastic and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls, cover them again with the damp cloth.
- Lightly dust the working surface and roll out each ball of dough into a circle or oval approximately 1/4″ thick. If you want nicely rounded tortillas, trim off any ragged edges & discard. Don’t roll the dough out more than once or the tortillas will be tough.
- Heat a dry griddle or heavy skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Cook the tortillas 30 seconds on each side or until the dough looks dry & slightly wrinkled & a few brown spots form on both surfaces.
Please follow and like us: