- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cups confectioners sweetener
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the flour, sugar and process for about 15 seconds.
- add egg whites and almond extract, continue to process until a smooth dough forms around the blade.
- With a cookie scoop scoop the dough into 1" balls.
- Put the extra confectioners' sweetener into a shallow bowl. Drop the dough balls into it. Shake and toss in the bowl to coat the balls.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 1/2" apart. Gently press down on each ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 25 to 30 minutes, until they've cracked slightly and are a deep golden brown beneath the sugar, but are still slightly soft when pressed.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
- If your sugar disappeared during baking just dust them with a bit more.