- 1 cup of milk 250 ml
- 1 tsp of instant dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of butter 60 g - melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of flour 450 g
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of masa krowkowa
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine. Add all the remaining ingredients and start kneading.
- Knead for about 5 minutes, you should get smooth and elastic dough. Form a ball and place in an oiled bowl. Oil the surface, cover and let it rise until doubled in size (1.5 - 2h).
- Spray the round 9in spring form baking pan or babka form with a baking spray.
- Spray the working surface with a non stick spray and remove the dough from the bowl.
- Roll out the dough into rectangle about half a cm thick (1/4 in).
- Spread masa krowkowa evenly and roll the dough in the log. Cut lengthwise into 2 stripes and braid. Arrange in a prepared baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise until it fills in the form (1h).
- Bake in 180/350 for 40min. Cover with aluminium foil if it is browning too fast.
- Let it cool down a bit before removing from the pan.