- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup of butter 230 g
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Egg for an egg wash
- Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Add flour, sugar and salt to the food processor and pulse few times.
- Add cold butter cut into pieces and process until you almost can't see the butter. Around 45 seconds.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and process until the dough comes together.
- Transfer on to the working surface dusted with a bit of flour. Put it together with your hands and shape in a log shape around 5 cm tall.
- Wrap the log in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (you can freeze it at that point).
- Unwrap the log and cut into 1 cm thick slices. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. Brush with an egg wash and sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven to 200 C/400 F for 15 to 18 min or until nice golden brown colour.
Enjoy with a glass of milk or a nice tea!